Closings and Cancellations:
City Hall will close to the public beginning 3/17/2020 at 8 am until further notice with the exception of the drive-thru window. Almost all business with the Town can be done online, or via telephone or email. If it absolutely cannot be completed via any of these methods, call us at (252) 792-5142 as appointment-only visits will be considered.
- Due to restrictions mandated by the Governor to limit gatherings of 10 or more, the Town will post recordings of the meetings held during this mandate on the Town's website. The recordings will be replaced as the minutes are adopted by the Board. This is to maintain transparency while continuing to conduct business at hand. Click here for meeting minutes and audio.
- If you would like to view or listen to the meeting live, select the meeting on the website calendar for instructions. Click here for the calendar.
- Other Town-operated buildings, such as the Fire Department, Police Department and Public Works buildings are closed to the public but can be reached by phone:
- Fire Department: call 911 in case of emergency. Nonemergency: (252) 792-3521
- Police Department: call 911 in case of emergency. Nonemergency: (252) 792-2122
- Public Works: call (252) 792-1024
- Gaylord Perry Park indoor facilities will close at noon on 3/16/2020 and remain closed until further notice. Shelter reservations will be canceled and refunded.
- Godwin Coppage Park outside facilities will tentatively remain open but all inside events have been cancelled.
- All public playgrounds are closed as of 5pm March 30, 2020 per state mandate.
Click here for Situation Update 3/25/2020
Click here for the amended State of Emergency Declaration (April 2, 2020)
Click here for the State of Emergency Declaration
Click here for a letter from the Town Administrator.