Visitors and residents enjoy the Roanoke River and surrounding woodlands for boating, paddling, camping, birding, photography, fishing and hunting. Pick a nice day during any season and walk or bike the one-mile Rail Trail for easy access from Downtown Williamston to the beautiful river boardwalk. Catch an exciting equestrian or other event at the premier Bob Martin Eastern Agricultural Center. Check the schedule for outstanding performances of our awarding-winning drama club, the Martin County Players. Finish your day with dinner and enjoy live music at several unique restaurants.
See the Calendar of Events for details, including specific dates, of special events or like us on Facebook for notices of upcoming events. You can also check the Web site for Martin County Travel and Tourism for county-wide activities.
- 20th Annual Carolina Country Stampede: September 23 and 24, 2016
(The next Stampede will be September 29 & 30, 2017 downtown on Main Street.)
- Christmas Parade: December 1, 2016
- Martin County Geocaching Trail (continuous)
- Small Business Saturday: (continuous)
- Movie in the Park: 2017 Dates will be announced soon
- Back to School Carnival: To be announced